When I left Nashville last month, I knew that there were so many things I was leaving behind that I would miss. But one of the most surprising things to me that I have missed (in the few weeks I have been gone) is the music scene!
Did I always take full advantage of being in Music City? Sadly no. But even just a weekend pilgrimage to a local bar down on Broadway often led to a night of good singers rocking out to country classics.
So I put together a little list of songs that will always make me think of Nashville…and Broadway…and fraternity parties…and singing along with a crowd full of your best friends. Those were the good old days…enjoy!
- “Wagon Wheel” by Old Crow Medicine Show
- “Dixieland Delight” by Alabama
- “Fishin’ in the Dark” by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
- “Callin’ Baton Rouge” by Garth Brooks
- “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” by the Charlie Daniels Band
- “Black Betty” by Ram Jam
- “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- “Chicken Fried” by the Zac Brown Band
Ah Nashville, how I miss you. And how I’m glad that you are only 2.5 hours away! Cannot WAIT to sing along at the top of my lungs to some of these songs with some of my best friends at Homecoming. Until then, I’ll have to sing along quietly to my iPod here in Europe – we should be landing any minute now if everything is as planned!
Eh, I guess that will do!