Yesterday, I did a lot of sensible things. I also did a lot of not-so-sensible things. Shall we do a brief recap? I always like to keep you guys up-to-date with my latest comings and goings! So let’s do a little tallying.
- Getting up and accomplishing some work bright and early? Sensible.
- Heading to the pool and
ditchingpausing said work? Not-so-sensible.
- Wearing sunscreen at the pool? Definitely sensible!
- Forgetting my keys and getting locked out of the apartment for ten minutes whiled dripping sunscreen? Not-so-sensible.
- Accompanying Sarah to TJ Maxx and only buying necessities? Aka a purse and sweater for Europe, and some workout clothes? Sensible.
- Buying new items for a trip when I already have more clothes than I can wear in a lifetime? Not-so-sensible.
- Plowing through some more work well past my usual ending time? Sensible.
- Doing so while watching reruns of Friends? Not-so-sensible.
- Trying something new and being adventurous at my sushi dinner with Skyler? Sensible.
- Following said dinner with a trip to Hot and Cold for salted caramel ice cream topped with magic shell, and then to Patterson House for a $14 special Manhattan? Not-so-sensible. But 100% worth it.
Notice a pattern? Sometimes the not-so-sensible things in life are the things that make life fun! And the things that make being present in the moment totally worth it. Cheers!