Good morning all. It’s been awhile since I’ve done a recipe post over here – never fear, I have clearly still been eating! I’ve just been relying more on quick, throw-together meals, with much less experimenting and recipe creating. Sometimes you just get in a rut – my rut tended to include oatmeal (or TJ’s waffles) for
breakfast, salads for lunch, and breakfast-for-dinner egg sandwiches for supper.
- Rinse the okra, remove the stems and slice into thick pieces (about 1/2 inch).
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute okra for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer over medium-low for 12-15 minutes, until okra is tender but not mushy.
- Serve over rice with some sliced green olives and a little avocado, and preferably with beignets for dessert!