Happy Friday! Love love love that it’s the weekend (almost). What will you be up to? I’ll be at dinner with Claire, then running 8 miles, then ice cream with my darling little, and then celebrating the roomies’ birthdays with a fun night out. Whew, wears me out just thinking about all of the fun and excitement!
Remember that time I asked for marathon music suggestions? Well, since the race is two weeks (and a day) away – yikes! – I think it’s time to finalize my playlist.
Barring any last minute suggestions/inspirations/mind-changing, this is what I’ll be running to:
1. “You Belong With Me” by Taylor Swift
2. “Obsessed With You” by the Orion Experience – takes me back to sophomore year of college
3. “You Can Call Me Al” by Paul Simon
4. “Go Go Gadget Flow” by Lupe Fiasco – heard him live at one Vandy homecoming concert
5. “Tearin’ Up My Heart” by ‘N Sync – no explanation necessary
6. “Live Your Life” by T.I. feat. Rhihanna
7. “Larger Than Life” by the Backstreet Boys
8. “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
9. “Mony Mony” by Billy Idol – one of the most-played songs on our senior year of high school cruise!
10. “Moves Like Jagger” by Maroon 5
11. “Washed by the Water” by Needtobreathe – just a beautiful song, and message
12. “Love Today” by Mika
13. “Mary” by the Zac Brown Band - loved seeing them live last summer with Taylor
14. “My Life Would Suck Without You” by Kelly Clarkson - one of dad’s favorite songs
15. “Hope” by Twista
16. “We Can Work it Out” by the Beatles
17. “Crazy in Love” by Beyonce
18. “Milkshake” by Kelis
19. “Shut Up” by Kelly Osbourne
20. “Only the Good Die Young” by Billy Joel - Sarah’s fave, the theme to many-a-night in suite 1004
21. “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Miley Cyrus - reminds me of Kate, and our roadtrips
22. “Too Good is True” by Rascal Flatts
23. “Work It” by Missy Elliot - in middle school, we had a choreographed dance to this and everything!
24. “Getcha Head in the Game” by High School Musical cast
25. “The Story of Us” by Taylor Swift
26. “Come on Over (All I Want is You)” by Christina Aguilera
27. “Something Like That” by Tim McGraw - another middle school choreographed dance
28. “Black or White” by Michael Jackson
29. “Last Friday Night” by Katy Perry - makes me think of fun nights in college
30. “Dog Days Are Over” by Florence + The Machines
31. “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen - totally catchy
32. “How Will I Know” by Whitney Houston
33. “We’re All in this Together” by High School Musical cast
34. “Take Me or Leave Me” by Rent cast - Claire and I always sing this to each other
35. “Pressing On” by Relient K - throw back to CCUM youth group days
36. “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls
37. “Keep Holding On” by Glee cast - a fitting song to close out the race and finish strong!
So there you have it – some songs are connected to great memories, some channel strong emotions, some are inspirational, and some are just plain fun. Plus, I haven’t heard some of these songs in a long time, so it will be a nice treat to hear them again. Never underestimate the power of music!
Am I missing anything important? Speak now or forever hold your peace!